On the website of Laiseven (www.laiseven.com) we use different types of cookies that store and retrieve information when you browse. In this Cookies Policy, we explain what cookies are, what they are used for, what type of cookies we use and for what purpose. We also explain how you can manage them on our website (the “Website”).
What are cookies and what are they for?
Cookies are data storage and retrieval devices that are installed on your device (for example, your computer, tablet or mobile phone) when you visit a website. Cookies are used to ensure the quality, usability and proper functioning of websites, as well as to store and retrieve information about browsing habits on websites and to personalise their content, and can sometimes be used to recognise the user of a website.
Therefore, cookies are essential for the functioning of the Internet, and in no case pose a risk to your computer or your device. Moreover, they can help to recognise the need for improvements to different websites and to detect malfunctions.
What types of cookies are there?
Cookies can be classified into different types, according to different criteria. Below, we explain the different types of cookies that exist.
According to the entity managing them:
- First-party cookies: are cookies that are sent to your computer or device from the website and from where the service is provided. If the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party and used for their own purposes, they are not considered first-party cookies.
- Third-party cookies: are cookies that are sent to your computer from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website, but by other external services or providers, which process the information obtained through them.
According to purpose:
- Technical cookies: are the most elementary, as they allow you to browse the website and use the different options or services it offers.
- Personalisation cookies: are those that allow users’ information to be remembered so that they can access the website with certain characteristics previously chosen by them (e.g. language).
- Analytical cookies: collect information on the type of browsing carried out on the website (for example, the most accessed sections, the products consulted or the time of use).
- Advertising cookies: are those that store information on users’ browsing behaviour, allowing a specific profile to be developed in order to display personalised advertising.
According to how long they remain active on the device:
- Session cookies: are designed to collect and store information only during the visit to the website, so they disappear at the end of the session. They are normally used to store information that is only of interest to ensure the basic functionalities of the website.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies store information for a longer period of time, which varies from cookie to cookie, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
What type of cookies do we use on your Website?
At Laiseven, we use only the following first-party cookies:
- Technical cookies: these allow us to manage and operate the Website, as well as to enable its functions and services.
- Personalisation cookies: allow us to remember your settings and preferences, such as language and privacy settings.
For more information, see the Cookies Settings.
How do you manage cookies on the Website?
Please note that if you accept third-party cookies and wish to delete them, you must do so directly through your browser’s cookie management options. Here’s how to do so:
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer: select the Tools button and then select Internet Options > Privacy > Settings > Accept. For more information, click here
- If you use Firefox: click on the Firefox button and select Options > Privacy > Use custom settings for history > Check the Accept cookies option to enable cookies, uncheck it to disable them > Choose how long cookies will be stored > OK. For more information, click here
- If you use Chrome: click on the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar > Settings > Show advanced options > In the “Privacy” section, click on Content settings > In the “Cookies” section, you can manage cookies. For more information, click here
- If you use Safari: go to Preferences and, in the Privacy panel, choose Block Cookies, and select the option you prefer from those offered by the browser. For more information, click here
- If you use Opera: click on Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies. For more information, click here
- If you use an iPhone or an iPad: on the home screen, select Settings > Safari and then choose the configurations you would like. For more information, click here
- If you use Android: click on Menu > Settings > Security and Privacy > activate or deactivate the “Accept cookies” checkbox > Restart the browser for the changes to take effect.
- If you use a Windows Phone: in Internet Explorer, click on More > Settings. You can also access Internet Explorer settings through Settings in the list of applications. Select or turn off the Allow cookies option.